Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pancake breakfast and ski alpin

Navette home, luckily we'd brought breadsticks and a box of boursin for dipping, which cheered the tired, cold skiers up a bit.





After, taking off our stuff.....




A hectic day, but I was happy to be on my own on the mountain for a few stolen minutes



These are my tracks!


During their lesson, I found a trail to snow shoe on for a little while



There she goes, up to the lift



Check out the 4/5s debutantes ski instructor! HA! looks like a fun job.......


Nervous, yet brave



Sagey has her doubts



They got sorted into groups



As usual, motherguilt won out, and I dragged the kids up the mountain on the bus, navigated French Ski Bureaucracy, and got them signed up for the local ski club. Then we came home for a quick lunch, then back to the navette to go up the mountain again.




It had been snowing the past few days, but Bill is still away for work and the thought of figuring out the whole "ski thing," even not in French, seemed completely overwhelming to me. However the whole town has turned into a picturesque ski village overnight.


Sagey ate about six I think







We started the snowy morning with a big pancake breakfast. Our first pancakes in France. We added poudre d'amande to the batter!

3 comments:

NR said...

Ha, indeed! I think there must be a universal type for youth ski instructors / gym teachers!!

You were all so brave :D

sylvie said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I wish I were there. Have a good time, snowbunnies!
Philip

Christine said...

love your self portrait!